Technical Phone Support Specialist
Job ID: 96402
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Postal Code / Zip: T2A 7W6
Job Category: Customer Service, Call Centre, Array
Employment Type: Array, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 per hour
The Customer Support Specialist provides exceptional telephone and remote and support to our clients in collaboration with fellow co-workers. A background in Microsoft based environments with familiarity in desktop and some server and network skills is preferred. Communicates effectively over the phone and is passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience.
The Technical Support Specialist will receive exposure in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting Patterson’s suite of office management software, digital imaging equipment, hardware, data backups and database connectivity.
- Regular interactions with our customers and branch operations staff via phone and email.
- May be asked to participate in an after hours on-call rotation with other team members.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Technical support environment.
- Professional Development is available for all team members - information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Flexible in working onsite at our support centre Mon – Fri between the hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm MST.
- Additional duties as required to support the business or team.
- Experience in a technical support role. (Example: help desk; computer/network support; application support).
- Post-Secondary education in a computer related discipline. Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered.
- The ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written English skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing.
- A+, MCDST, MCITP, HDI and other industry certifications are desirable
- Remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Able to work well as part of a team